Cough Syrup Low Glycemic Index (GI) is a syrup that has been formulated for the treatment of any cough, both dry and productive coughs. It is especially indicated for people with impaired glucose tolerance.
Cough Syrup Low GI forms a protecctive barriere on the pharyngeal mucosa, thanks to the action of xanthan gum, which protects the throat from contact with irritants and pathogenic microorganisms, relieving irritation and keeping it hydrated and lubricated.
At the same time, Cough Syrup Low GI hydrates and reduces the viscosity of the mucus to fator its expulsion, thanks to the sugars naturally present in the extract of carob and apple, which stimulate salivation and increase the water content in the mucus to make it more fluid. Its exclusive formula based on natural extracts of marshmallow and plantain, with honey and essential oils of lemon and eucalyptus, complete its formulation, giving it a fresh and pleasant flavor.
The GI is based on the response to glucose after carbohydrates assumption, compared to the response of a glucose solution. The carob and apple extract of Cough Syrup Low GI has a complex composition of carbohydrates, such as fructose, glucose, inositols (non-laxative polyols) and soluble fiber, giving it a lower glycemic index (41-42) compared to glucose (100)
In this way, Cough Syrup Low GI calms, hydrates and protects the upper respiratory tract, thus allowing a complete approach to both dry cough and productive cough.
Carob and apple extract, marshmallow (Althaea officinalis dry extract), ribwort plantain (Plantago lanceolata dry extract) and xanthan gum.
||Per dose (10ml)
||Per daily dose (30ml)
||9,43 g (1)
(1) 10 ml contain 0,9 carbohydrates rations
Recommended daily dose and Instructions for use:
Recommended daily dose:
For adults and children over 12 years of age it is recommended take 10 ml 3 times a day. It is recommended take last dose before going to sleep.
Instructions for use:
1. Shake before use.
2. Remove the dosing cup and the protective cap of the bottle.
3. Take the recommended dose.
4. After each use close the bottle properly and rinse whit water and dry the dosing cup.
For hygienic reasons and to prevent the transmission of pathogens, the dosing cup should not be used by more than one person.
COUGH SYRUP LOW GI LEAFLET
Contraindications and adverse effects:
– No adverse effects of Cough Syrup Low GI ingredients have been described at the necessary and recommended therapeutic doses, but if you experience side effects or the symptoms last for more than a week, consult your usual doctor or pharmacist.
– If you are taking anticoagulants or any other type of medication, consult your usual doctor.
– The syrup should be taken thirty minutes before or after the intake of any other medication.
– Any serious incident that has occurred in relation to the device should be reported to the manufacturer and the competent authority of the Member State in which the user and/or patient is established.
Warnings and precautions:
– It is not recommended to use in case of pregnancy or lactation.
– In case of a known or suspected allergy to any of the contents of this medical device, as a precaution, it is advisable to avoid using it.
– If symptoms do not disappear after 1 week, consult your physician.
– Keep out of the reach of children.
Conservation and expiry date:
– Keep in a cool and dry place. Maintain below 40ºC and protected from direct sunlight or other heat source and handle the product carefully.
– The bottle should be discarded after 3 months once opened.
– Do not use after the expiry date printed on the box and label.
– Do not discard the content of this device down the drain. Deposit the bottle, the protective cap and the dosing cup in the corresponding containers.